Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oh!! My English VS Mind Your Language


Assalamualaikum, Hi there. How's it going people?




As we all know there's a new TV sitcom in Town, Oh My English. It's a sitcom aired on Astro TVIQ Channel 610. Wow.. Interesting and also very creative! One of the ways to teach English. Not like a classroom type-boring -English Language Lesson. To my previous English Teachers and Lecturers don't get me wrong. You guys were great And I love your classes. HUHU.. Funny funny.. Like very the good.. huhu

         I guess their target audience would be for all ages. They would give a wrong statement or sentence then they will correct it. For example the video above. " Cikgu, Can you chop this letter for me?", "You want me to chop this letter?", The kid replied, " ahhh Yes, chop for me please". I think a lot of us used the same statement like he did. They then incorporate comedy where the teacher, put on a karate head band and literally chop the paper in two. :P *FacePalm* . They then correct the statement, "Can you stamp this letter?". Catchy don't you think? I laughed my head of the first time I watched this video. HAHA..

         
 

After watching Oh My English, I can't help myself wondering this sitcom is kind of familiar. Oh yeah, "Mind Your Language"!!!. I think they might have copied "Mind Your Language" concept of a sitcom. It was aired in 1977. I was not even born yet. HAHA..

          Mind your language was also a sitcom which teaches English. But I don't think that their main intention was to teach English. With a multiracial students some of the comedy integrates racial and also sexual related comedy in the sitcom. I would not think it would be appropriate for children. But it also does teach English. HAHA!!

Thanks to youtube, I can watch all their episodes. Now!! haha..


Enjoy!! BYE BYE!!!

No comments: